Sevylor are a recognized name for making quality inflatable kayaks, the Coleman Colorado 2 man kayak is designed as a fishing kayak. They are owned by the Coleman Company of the USA.
This a rugged and well made craft designed for more adventurous kayaking, more specifically fishing, with Berkley quick set fishing rod holders for hands free fishing. The material is strong and designed to resist punctures and scratches with the tarpaulin bottom.
Prices in NZD, with delivery to NZ
- Amazon Global – $496.12 & $219.90 shipping to NZ
- Material: 18 gauge PVC
- 1000D tarpaulin bottom and 840D nylon cover
- Berkley Quick Set Rod Holders
- Sevylor trolling motor fittings
- D-rings and mesh pockets for food and bait storage
- Size: 331cm x 88 cm
- Max capacity: 2 persons
- Weight: 14.7kg
- Max weight capacity: 200kg
This kayak doesn’t come with paddles or a pump.
Whilst this is primarily made for fishing, its use extends beyond that to more adventurous kayaking. This is a sturdier craft than the vinyl-made kayaks some companies make.
The fishing accessories make it easy to fish and paddle at the same time, and you can fish with your buddy together.
Pros & Cons
Is the Sevylor Colorado any good?
- Large 2 person kayak, for buddy fishing trips
- Rod holders well placed around the boat
- Lots of room
- Good build quality, rugged material
- Suitable for ocean trips
- Very large for single person fishing
- Too sophisticated for leisurely paddling
Alternative inflatable fishing kayaks
This is a good two person fishing inflatable kayak with some obvious advantages over a rigid kayak. If you are looking for a one person kayak for sea fishing then why not look at the INTEX Excursion K1, which is a smaller and well made inflatable with rod holders and single seat.
We love to hear your, sensible, comments!